Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Update

   I saw de rheumy!!!!!!!!!!
   Dr. Blank (obviously not his real name) is bumping up my methotrexate dosage from 15 to 20 milligrams. Hopefully this will help. I always get frustrated at these appointments because everyone says I'm doing so much better when I really don't feel any better.
    My fingers swelled today and my social studies teacher was kind enough to let me take a picture of my fingers to send it to my parents. Well, I texted them the picture at like 11:30 or so, and I finally got a reply at 2:06 from my mom. It's really helpful when she texts me back that late.

    Me (11:30): Fingers are inflamed :/ (attached picture of fingers)
    Mom (2:06): Are you ok
    Me (2:06): Yeah i'm okay now but alex said my worst was swollen in social studies

    My mom never replied after that. Point of the story is, my fingers and wrist were swollen.
    I always have trouble deciding if my wrist is swollen, especially when I know my fingers are, so I leaned over to Alex (my friend who sits next to me) and asked him. "It's a little warm," he said, "It feels...swollen." I thanked him and continued on with writing my notes (yes, I do mean writing not typing).
   Also, my arm is sad because everyone thinks that the bruise looks like a blueberry. The bruise is from my blood draw, and the red part is from the tape ripping off. I don't know why it bruised so badly, because it didn't hurt anymore than any other blood draw I've had.  :(
   But I'm doing alright.

That's all for now!!!!

Love,
Rachel 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to comment or shoot me an email - thekidwitharthritis@gmail.com I'll try to get back to you either way!