Tuesday, March 12, 2013

Two Year Blogiversary

*Pre-written a few days ago, but today is my actual blogiversary.

     I swore I wouldn't miss this blogiversary...and I didn't! As of today, March 12th, 2013, this blog has been up-and-running for two whole years. That is crazy to think about, because I remember picking the name and web address and everything! (Quick Fact: This blog was originally titled "Living with JIA" and had a different web address but I changed it almost immediately after creating it because I liked "The Kid With Arthritis" much better.)
     I would like to use this post to say thank you to everyone who reads this blog. It really means a lot to me that you take a couple of minutes (or more than a couple...my posts tend to be really long haha) to hear what I have to say. Of all the things you could choose to read, blogs and articles that contain more wisdom than mine ever will, you still read about the life and challenges of a 13-year-old from a pretty normal town with nothing spectacular about her dealing with a pretty tough disease.
     My blog started off fairly small, with not too much activity, but has quickly blown up, especially in the past year. I've gotten more page views than I ever thought I would and so many emails that I can barely keep up! I am so grateful for all of the relationships this blog has allowed me to form. I am thankful for your emails and love and prayers and constant support.
      I am thankful for the support and publicity provided to me by other bloggers as well as the Arthritis Foundation. This blog has made managing arthritis much, much easier and has allowed me to see the best of chronic illness as well as the worst.
      It is so honoring when I see that someone has shared my blog with others. I don't think that you all will ever know how much that means to me. I hope that I am using this blog in the best and most effective way possible. As always, I am still open to suggestions for posts, outline information, tips on blogging, and etc. I've learned a lot about the blogosphere but I still have a long way to go. I also LOVE getting your emails! Keep them coming...it can take me quite a few days to respond, especially during a flare, but I promise to always get around to it! Click here to send me an email.
      Two years and 83 posts later from the day I clicked "publish" on my first blog entry, I'm still writing away. Thank you for everything!!!

Love,
Rachel

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to comment or shoot me an email - thekidwitharthritis@gmail.com I'll try to get back to you either way!