Monday, May 13, 2013

Music Therapy II

     If you recall, I wrote a whole post back in late July entitled "Music Therapy". In it, I talked about some of my favorite songs to listen to when my arthritis is flaring. I'd like to do that again in a part two, because there are a lot of songs that I would like to add and suggest. My last Music Therapy post received a lot of positive feedback. I find a great amount of comfort and peace through music, and it has become evident to me that a lot of other chronic illness patients do as well. To me, the most comforting music is Christian music.  In the post from July, I organized the songs by pace, with two categories: "slow" and "upbeat". However, I find it challenging to discern which of those two categories songs fit into, so I've decided to organize them instead by whether or not they are Christian songs.

Christian:

  • "How Great Is Our God" by Chris Tomlin
  • "Worn" by Tenth Avenue North
  • "Show Me What I'm Looking For" by Carolina Liar*
  • "By Your Side" by Tenth Avenue North 
  • "Whom Shall I Fear (God of Angel Armies)" by Chris Tomlin
  • "Where I Belong" by Building 429
  • "The Old Rugged Cross" by Chris Tomlin

Others:

  • "Cry" by Jason Walker
  • "Dream" by Priscilla Ahn
  • "Down" by Jason Walker
  • "Open Season" by High Highs
  • "Wavin' Flag" by K'naan
  • "Far Away" by Ingrid Michaelson
  • "Tied Together With A Smile" by Taylor Swift
  • "Fix You" by Coldplay 

     I hope you enjoy these and find them helpful in times of extreme pain and agony. Please feel free to email or comment with any suggestions!

*There are debates as to whether or not this song is religious. I think it is, and I often use the chorus as a prayer.

Love,
Rachel

1 comment:

  1. Hah! So funny, today I posted a link to Worn by Tenth Avenue. Love them :)

    Thanks for the other suggestions, I'll check them out! Some other suggestions are Hold Me Up by 33 Miles, Arms That Hold the Universe by 33 Miles, I Run to You by Lady Antebellum, and I Won't Let Go by Rascal Flatts.

    ReplyDelete

Feel free to comment or shoot me an email - thekidwitharthritis@gmail.com I'll try to get back to you either way!